Celebrating Life: A Funera Sydney Approach To Farewells
CELEBRATING LIFE: A FUNERA SYDNEY APPROACH TO FAREWELLS
Funeral traditions are evolving fast, and Aussies are embracing a new way to say goodbye. According to the Australian Seniors Cost of Death report, 92.1% of us want celebrations, not just mourning.
WHAT'S A CELEBRATION OF LIFE?
Think of it as a lively memorial, focusing on joy rather than sorrow. Less black, more bright colours. No strict rules—just celebrating the unique life lived.
TIMING IS EVERYTHING
Hold it weeks or months after the passing, or even on the anniversary. No rush; take time to plan something personal and special.
HOW TO PLAN A CELEBRATION OF LIFE
- Choose a Vibey Venue: Break free from the usual spots. Pick a place linked to the departed's passions—club, pub, beach, or even their own backyard.
- Bring in a Celebrant: Get a pro or a confident friend to guide the ceremony seamlessly.
- Voices of Love: Let close ones share memories or perform. Open mic? Why not! A memory book adds a personal touch.
- Personalise It: No rules here. Colourful attire, favourite songs, and showcasing awards—it's all about their unique style.
- Culinary Commemoration: Include their favourite foods or cultural cuisines in catering. Tasteful homage.
- Craft the Flow: Flexible and fun. Tailor the order based on what feels right—speakers, music, or even a dance.
- Extend the Invite: Skip the newspapers. Go for a Facebook event or e-invites. Themes, requests, or charity preferences? Communicate it clearly.